Next article: Friday Q&A 2010-05-28: Leopard Collection Classes
Previous article: SocketObjC: A Networkable Messaging Library
As I mentioned last week, I'm shifting Friday Q&A to a biweekly schedule, so there will be no Friday Q&A this week. However, I've dug up a few articles that I enjoyed reading this week and that I thought you might enjoy as well.
- If Windows 3.11 required a 32-bit processor, why was it called a 16-bit operating system? - An interesting account of the surprisingly complicated low-level architecture of a classic operating system.
- How do emulators work and how are they written? - Fantastic Stack Overflow answer discussing the internal workings of emulators.
- An overview of how IntelliSense works - Another Stack Overflow answer, this one talking about how Visual Studio's IntelliSense feature works internally.
- Start in the Middle - Great advice about how you should go straight to the meat of new projects and leave the boring framing stuff for later.
- Reverse debugging with GDB 7 - Fascinating tutorial about a really cool new feature in the latest version of GDB.
Comments RSS feed for this page
Add your thoughts, post a comment:
Spam and off-topic posts will be deleted without notice. Culprits may be publicly humiliated at my sole discretion.